I stole this survey from my woman, Ashtyn. You can check out her 80s Meme at her website, ashtynevans.com.
I’m a kid of the 80s so feel free to check out my answers. If you post this, make sure to link back to me, then leave a comment to this post with your URL so we can share the link love.
1. How old were you in 1980?
0 – I was born 12/26/80
2. How old were you in 1989?
I was 8 most of the year and 9 for the last 5 days
3. Were you a Toys R’ Us Kid?
Uh yeah, though the older I was the more expensive things there were. I always received Toys R Us Gift Certificates from relatives for Christmas.
4. Did you watch Transformers?
Hell to the yeah. I loved Optimus Prime.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen?
Nope. I wasn’t even two when it was released, though I remember watching it when I was no more than three years old. I loved it and have watched this movie a billion times since.
6. Did you own a Lite Bright?
Of course I did.
7. Who is your favorite Golden Girl?
I loved Sophia. She rocked!
8. When someone says “Who you gonna call?”
I say, “Ghostbusters!”
9. What was your favorite toy(s) in the eighties?
Transformers, He Man Toys, Matchbox Cars, Stuff to play baseball and kickball, Pound Puppies, Nintendo (NES), Rainbow Bright, my Sesame Street toys, my Fisher Price Little People Castle and my Lite Brite. We played a lot of pretend games, too.
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball?
I don’t think so?
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
No. I hated them, but all my friends liked them so I guess I said they were okay.
12. What New Kid did you have a crush on?
None. It seemed all the girls I knew liked Joe though.
13. Did you play M.A.S.H?
Every so often.
14. Did you watch The Care Bears?
What four and five year old didn’t love them?
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets?
Everyone did – male, female or otherwise.
16. Did you have a charm necklace and/or bracelet?
Yeah. I had a necklace. I was a bit freaky in my childhood.
17. Did you have a Glo Worm?
Oh yeah. I was two or three and loved the little guy!
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
Yes. They had to ban them from school because we all had them.
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
The Breakfast Club…Screws fall out all the time. The world’s an imperfect place.
20. Did you have a crazy hair style?
I had short hair until I was about 5. Then I had this long surfer style that is reminiscent of the older Zack and Cody these days.
21. What was your first bike?
Uhm probably my big wheel.
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood
probably pictures and my Cabbage Patch Kid, Daniel. I know lots of boys who had either those or My Buddy Dolls.
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?
Yes, two of them. My first was Daniel. He real name was Byron something or other. It was a horrendous name so I renamed him Daniel.
24. Did you dress like Madonna?
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
26. Did you watch Miami Vice?
Nope. I was too little.
27. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes?
Jelly Shoes were all the rage.
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
I was poor and my mom said we couldn’t afford them.
29. Atari or Nintendo?
Loved them both but Nintendo wins hands down.
30. Did you play Pac-Man?
Of course I did.
31. Which was better: He-Man or She-Ra?
She Ra was hotter, but He Man was the better cartoon.
32. What movie scared you the most?
Child’s Play. My cousin Chris had a My Buddy Doll and it creeped me out how much he looked like Chucky.
33. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson?
Uhm no. Always thought he was overrated.
34. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear “Flux Capacitor”?
Back to the Future
35. What other colors did Pepsi come in?
Ew Pepsi. Pepsi Crystal is even grosser.
36. Roger Rabbit or Howard the Duck?
Both. Crude Rude and Lewd!
37. Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the ‘LASER’ background?
Uhm no. They offered that?
38. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is?
I’m guessing a rap done about the TMNT.
39. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER?
40. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies?
Of course – Clark, Ellen, Audrey, Rusty and sometimes Cousin Catherine, Eddie and their various kids.
41. Wally-World or Europe?
Europe! Wally-World is cool though.
42. What was your favorite movie from the 80’s?
Too many to pick just one: The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Wizard, Flight of the Navigator, The Vacation Movies, The Garbage Pail Kids, ET, Firestarter, St. Elmo’s Fire, Weird Science, and the list goes on!